POWER SUPPLY REGULATOR #2

Done! My last post finished whilst I began the process of rectifying some errors in my first supply. I got as far as ordering all the parts and making the PCB when I realised that I wanted to go bigger and make things a easier on myself. I always spend hours upon hours trying desperately hard to squeeze in too many components into tiny enclosures when the payout is a compromised design and a lot of frustration.





So here it is. A quick run through of my last supply's much bigger brother.

- On the rear is a primary mode switch, toggling between either a regulated output or just the same voltage which is entering the regulator (you never know). 

- The left knob is a 3 way switch between, variable, 5V & 9V. These of course describe the voltages from the regulated output. 

- The middle knob is the control for the variable setting from 1.25V to approx. Vin-1.5V

- The last switch is an output on/off switch and all controls have led indicators. 

- The left post, illuminated by the just visible LED, in the picture is the regulated output, with the right being the Bypass output.

- Finally, the DC meter displays voltages from both the unregulated and regulated modes when selected. 

Here are some shots of the PCB. 

 
I wanted to have the potentiometer board mounted too but such pots are hard to come by easily in the UK.




Also, the missing support pillar is only due to waiting for parts in the post.



As I said previously, I'll be creating my first instructable with this project soon, before getting back into Uni work and sinking my teeth into the Arduino Starter Kit I recently picked up. Check the Schematics section too, I'll be uploading all I can.

More posts to come!

0 comments:

Post a Comment